Ability preservation is the ability to preserve one's other abilities from loss or negation.
- Gregory Masters possessed this ability naturally.
- Nathan Petrelli has manifested this ability in World 8, gained synthetically from the formula.
- Jessica Sky Petrelli has mimicked this ability from her uncle.
- In World 8, Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability from his brother.
- Robert Max has mimicked this ability from Nathan.
An individual with this ability couldn't ever lose his or her abilities. They couldn't have their abilities negated, stolen or deleted, in any manner, and any who tried to steal the abilities wouldn't even receive a copy. They wouldn't lose their abilities in any eclipse, whether natural or invoked. Neither could any drugs or special treatment block their abilities. Due to the fact that the ability has no effect on its own, an individual can only have this ability if he or she possesses more than one ability naturally.
- Autometabokinesis can sometimes be used to metabolise away ability-weakening drugs
- Rapid cellular regeneration and resistance aid recovery from such drugs
- Lunar manipulation and sky manipulation both grant immunity to eclipses
- Ability immunity would protect against abilities which negate or remove abilities
- Self-preservation is the ability to keep oneself alive in harmful situations
- Energy production can give energy to preserve the abilities of others from negation
- Adhesion can be used to adhere to one's abilities, making them harder to negate
- Ability invulnerability is the ability to be immune to ability manipulation
- Nonduality is the ability to prevent one's abilities from being separate from the body, which means they cannot be manipulated or mimicked