Autometabokinesis is the ability to manipulate and control one's own metabolism and metabolic processes.
- James Herriford has this ability naturally.
- James Gray, a clone of Braedon Gray, possessed this ability.
- Lyla Alexander will also have this ability naturally.
- Daniel Vaughan-Reist-Greene has absorbed the ability from James.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability in World 2 and World 3.
- Abbie Gray has also mimicked the ability.
- Noah Gray has also mimicked the ability.
James manifested this ability during the explosion timeline, and is yet to begin exploring its limits and uses. He has only used it to metabolise away inhibitory drugs which were preventing him from teleporting, and doesn't seem to know of the other uses. However, he is aware when he can access this ability, since it gives him a limited sense of his own metabolism, which he misses if it is ever blocked. He will in future learn to increase his own energy reserves, and mimic a death state.
James was able to remove drugs and toxins from his own body, increase his energy reserves, and mimic a death state. His body would subconsciously fight all drugs and toxins that cause physical damage. However, he could have later learned to consciously suppress this effect at need. He never displayed the ability.
This ability will enable Lyla to manipulate her own metabolism. She will be able to do so in seconds, with just a thought. Its possible uses will include removing various drugs from her body, increasing her energy reserves and slowing down her metabolism to the extent that she mimics a death state.
Dann is yet to use this ability, but should have similar limits to James Herriford.
Peter too is yet to use this ability, in either world. He would have similar limits to James Gray in World 2, and to James Herriford in World 3.
Abbie has never displayed this ability, but should have similar limits to her brothers and her uncle.
Noah too should have similar limits to James Gray.
- Human manipulation can control metabolism, as can biokinesis and human omnipotence
- Rapid cellular regeneration removes several drugs, and decreases the effects of others
- Resistance decreases the effects of most drugs
- Time and space manipulation can be used to mimic a death state by slowing time within the body