Clairsentience is the ability to sense the history of an object or person through touch.
- Bridget Bailey has this ability naturally.
- Gabriel Gray took the ability from Bridget in canon, in World 2 and in World 5.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability from Gabriel in World 2 and World 11.
- Noah Gray has also mimicked the ability.
- Abbie Gray has mimicked this ability too.
- Claire Bennet has manifested this ability in World 2.
- Jess also has this ability.
- Raiden has gained the ability from Jess' blood.
- A boy named Liam had this ability naturally in World 2.
A small amount of physical contact is required for the ability to work. When sensing from a person, skin contact is required, and the person must be conscious. If contact is maintained for long enough, an entire life history can be sensed, enough to impersonate the person accurately, or enough that one could then be forced to believe one is that person. In World 8, Bridget used her ability to enable herself to draw images of Rhia Jones' birth parents, though in doing so she was fooled by history alteration. Gaining enough information to impersonate can also be done through touching a person's belongings, but it will take longer and the history will be less complete. The ability has been shown being used both deliberately and accidentally. Bridget stated that at first the ability would flood her mind with histories every time she touched something, but she eventually learned to control this. None of the other characters have displayed this initial lack of control.