Clairvoyance is the ability to detect the current location of any individual.
- Molly Walker has this ability naturally.
- Adam Soo Hoo, an evolved human on the list, has this ability also.
- Victoria Scott has this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability from Molly in World 3, World 8 and World 11, and has gained it using both empathic mimicry and intuitive aptitude from Victoria in World 2.
- Robert Max has also mimicked the ability.
- Gemma Jones possesses this ability naturally.
- Liz Jones has absorbed this ability from Gemma.
- Claire Bennet has manifested this ability in World 3.
- Zaria possesses this ability.
- Simon has gained this ability from Zaria's blood.
- Abbie Gray has absorbed this ability.
- Noah Gray has also absorbed the ability.
- A boy named Liam possessed this ability naturally in World 2.
- Beatrice Petrelli will have this ability naturally.
The individual usually needs either a photograph of someone or a memory of them before they can locate them, although the ability has occasionally been shown to work with just a name. Often, a map and a pin is also used, to further pinpoint the location. The individual will often see flashes of locations, zooming inwards. If the one they are trying to find is telepathic, the clairvoyant will make herself or himself vulnerable to this person while searching, and can be trapped in a nightmare or knocked unconscious. The only time the ability will not work is if it is blocked in some way, or if the individual searched for is dead.
- Trailing detects the past locations of an individual
- Tracking can find a person by producing a yellow beam which leads to that person
- Tracking skill is the ability to be specifically skilled in tracking people and animals
- Precognitive instincts can also be used to locate someone when combined with teleporting
- Information production can be used to locate someone
- Sensing be used to sense where a person is
- Detection can also detect a person's location
- Location detection can detect the location of places, people and objects
- Astral trailing is the ability to project one's astral body to the past, in order to see where and when an individial was