Conscious ability duplication is the ability to consciously duplicate the abilities of others upon physical contact.
- Anna Vaughan gained this ability when her granddaughter Rhi partially healed her lost ability of conscious mimicry.
- Daniel Vaughan-Greene has mimicked this ability from Anna.
- Aidan Walken possesses this ability naturally.
Anna has, to date, used this to duplicate five abilities. She could have more but chooses to be cautious and only copy an ability when she needs it, as she fears exposure. She can duplicate mimicked abilities from those with a multiple ability, but she then cannot copy the core ability. When she duplicates an ability, a small flash of light appears from her hand, and she gains that power permanently. She requires physical contact, and also needs to consciously choose to copy the ability, unless augmented at the time. When augmented, her resulting new temporary ability seems to resemble empathic mimicry in a way. However, although she mimics without needing physical contact or a conscious choice, she can only mimic one ability at a time, and she appears to mimic whatever ability the individual last used.
Dann has not used the ability yet, and is unlikely to do so. His own core ability makes it effectively void.
Aidan has similar limits to Anna. Like her, he too requires contact and conscious thought, and the duplication appears as a flash of white light. He has mimicked four abilities to date.
- Conscious mimicry is the ability to consciously mimic nearby abilities
- Empathic mimicry is the ability to reflexively mimic all nearby abilities
- Ability replication is the ability to duplicate one ability at a time, via contact
- Ability duplication is the ability to duplicate multiple abilities with a touch, without any need for a conscious decision