Deflection is the ability to consciously deflect away any ability or attack aimed at oneself.
- Ishi Nakamura Jnr possesses this ability naturally.
- Sofia Sanchez-Hawkins will also have this ability naturally.
Ishi's ability deflects other abilities and attacks when she uses it. She can activate it by using her hand, and she can also form a shield around herself similar to a forcefield when under extreme attack. The abilities are deflected away from Ishi, but this shield can weaken when under a lot of pressure, and the ability can also be neutralised itself by an immunity or by shielding. As Ishi also has the ability of advanced empathy, the two abilities have combined meaning that she automatically deflects empathic abilities, and cannot consciously deactivate this effect. Therefore, her emotions can't be sensed or manipulated, her abilities can't be mimicked using empathic mimicry, and both advanced empathy and empathy don't work on her. Although it has only been used to show deflecting abilities, the ability can also be used to deflect projectiles coming towards Ishi.
Sofia will be able to deflect abilities, attacks and projectiles away from herself. She will access the ability by raising her hand protectively, but will also be able to use it by focusing her eyes at need. If a person is near her, she will be able to deflect attacks and abilities away from him or her too, but this will not work if the person is distant from her. She will always need to deflect consciously.
- Shielding is the ability to protect others from attacks and threats, including abilities
- Forcefield production can be used to produce defensive forcefields which will block abilities
- Telekinesis can also be used to deflect some sorts of attacks
- Anti-shield is the ability to penetrate shields
- Threat redirection is the ability to redirect any threats at the user
- Deflective telekinesis is the ability to deflect away objects and attacks with the mind
- Aerokinesis and elementokinesis can form a shield out of air
- Blocking can block abilities and form defensive blocks
- Ability deflection is the ability to deflect any abilities used at the user
- Ability catching is the ability to 'catch' the abilities of others
- Ability reflection is the ability to reflect the effects of the abilities of others back at that person
- Crushing can catch and crush an attack