Deoxygenation, also called oxygen absorption, is the ability to absorb the oxygen from the air into one's body, leaving the surrounding area with less or even no oxygen.
- Soma Herrera has this ability naturally.
- In the explosion timeline of World 3, a middle school student was said to have this ability.
- Paul Cooper will have this ability naturally.
Soma is able to absorb the oxygen from the air, therefore he can cause people to suffocate in enclosed rooms. Using this ability he doesn't need any specific breathing movements or use of his lungs to get oxygen, as he can absorb it into his body through his skin. He can store this oxygen in order to survive underwater or in low oxygen pressures for a while, but he cannot do so indefinately since the oxygen would eventually run out. However, he can remain underwater for longer than humanly possible.
In the future where the explosion had occurred, a child was said to have this ability and had absorbed all the oxygen out of the air in his class, leaving the pupils and teachers in the room dead. It is believed that this was his first manifestation of this ability, and most likely an accidental use.
Paul will be able to absorb all of the oxygen out of an area. When he uses this ability, all of the oxygen will be drawn towards him and drawn into his body through his skin, leaving other people struggling to breathe and suffocating. He will not need to make any gestures to absorb the oxygen. He will also be able to hold his breath for longer than usual because of this ability.
- Sound absorption is the ability to absorb sound
- Light absorption is the ability to absorb light
- Electrical absorption is the ability to absorb electrical arcs
- Aerokinesis is the ability to manipulate air
- Energy manipulation is the ability to absorb and manipulate all types of energy
- Energy absorption is the ability to remove the energy from attacks
- Chlorine gas exudation is the ability to exhale gaseous chlorine
- Oxygen duplication is the ability to duplicate oxygen molecules
- Oxikinesis is the ability to manipulate the direction of oxygen
- Oxygen mimicry is the ability to turn into oxygen molecules
- Sublimation is the ability to take on a gaseous form
- Enhanced breath can be used to inhale all the air from a small confined space
- Breath theft is the ability to rip the air from the lungs of others and prevent them from breathing