Disintegration is the ability to weaken an object's structure until it can be made to break down.
- Tom Miller had this ability naturally.
- Gabriel Gray has taken the ability in World 2.
- Noah Gray has mimicked the ability.
- Abbie Gray has also mimicked the ability.
- In World 2, Peter Petrelli has copied the ability.
- A villain in World 2 has displayed this ability.
- Silvia Castern possesses this ability naturally.
- Leo Castern had duplicated this ability from his sister, but has subsequently lost it.
- Ms. Aston also possesses this ability, inherited from her ancestors.
Not much has been shown with this ability. Tom Miller had displayed it once before his death, demonstrating it to Gabriel Gray. When he narrowed his fingers and aimed at an object, he would make it tremble and weaken, and then he could break it down with a click of his fingers. He suggested that it could also work on people, and that he could possibly lose control of it when startled. Gabriel has used the ability offensively, to try to disintegrate a person, and it was deflected onto a third individual using peripety. Leo used the ability to disintegrate a can, and quickly learned to aim it at several different objects. He's also used it on people, to kill. The unnamed villain only used it to destroy a gun and thus disarm his opponent. The others have not displayed it.
- Shattering is the ability to cause objects to shatter
- Melting is a similar ability which turns objects into liquids
- Disintegration touch is a similar ability which requires contact
- Disintegration beam is the production of an energy beam which disintegrates what it contacts
- Corrosion is the ability to cause objects to corrode
- Advanced telekinesis, seismokinesis and molecular manipulation can all be used to disintegrate objects
- Leptokinesis can be used to disintegrate objects