Electrical conversion is the ability to absorb electrical energy and release it either as electricity or other types of energy.
- Layton Bishop has this ability naturally.
- Abbie Gray has mimicked this ability from Layton.
- Noah Gray has also absorbed the ability.
- Peter Petrelli has gained this ability in World 2.
- An unnamed villain has displayed this ability in World 8.
- Matt Parkman Jnr will manifest this ability naturally in World 3.
Characters who possess this ability reflexively absorb any electricity they come into contact with, and store the resulting energy in their bodies. As a result, they can never be harmed by electricity. They can then release the energy at will, either as electricity, or in a variety of other forms. It can be released as heat and light, creating fire as displayed by the villain, or as sound, creating a sonic blast. It can also be released as a kinetic blast, which is what Layton did when he first manifested this ability. The control of the converted energy forms is usually slim at first, but can be learned, just like learning to control any other ability which would produce them. However, if the energy is stored for too long it will dissipate and be lost.
- Electrokinesis is the ability to create electricity and manipulate it
- Electrical absorption is the ability to absorb electricity and release it
- Electroportation is the ability to teleport using electricity
- Sound conversion allows the person to convert sound energy into other types of energy, and can be used to produce electricity
- Psionic energy conversion is the ability to convert psionic energy into other forms, including electricity
- Energy absorption can be used to absorb electrical arcs if they are used offensively
- Energy manipulation can absorb electrical energy
- Weather manipulation can produce electricity in the form of lightning
- Sound manipulation can be used to convert electricity into sonic energy