Electronic projection is the ability to travel mentally and spiritually as an electronic current, moving through wiring and electronic implements.
- Darrien Steffan Petrelli has this ability naturally.
- Bradley Parkman will also have this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has absorbed this ability from his son in World 2.
- Abbie Gray has also absorbed this ability.
- Noah Gray has gained this ability also.
Darrien manifested this ability when he was a few days old, using it to project into a stereo. He requires contact with electronic equipment or wiring, and and is then to travel mentally in an electronic form, leaving his body unconscious. He can use it to escape harm, since his body is left in a state of limbo when he projects. He can also access electronic data this way, communicate through machines and manipulate their functions. He seems to have good control of the ability for his age, and can project at will. He only projects when deciding to do so, and has already used the ability to communicate extensively and to manipulate machines. However, the distance he has travelled when projecting has been short, only a few metres. This may extend in future.
Bradley will be capable of projecting his mind into electrical devices and wiring. He will need physical contact to do so, and will leave his body in a temporary state of limbo. Using the ability, he will be able to gain information and communicate electronically, as well as manipulating the function of any electronic machine he accesses. There will be no limit to the distance he can project, but the electronic devices and wiring will have to be interconnected - he won't be able to leap in an electronic form. There will also be no limit to the amount of time he can project for.
Peter is yet to display this ability.
Abbie also hasn't used this ability yet.
Noah too hasn't used this ability, like his uncle and his twin sister.
- Electronic communication is the ability to perceive, manipulate and absorb electronic data
- Electronic data manipulation is the ability to control and alter electronic data
- Electrical mimicry can be used to travel through electrical implements
- Technopathy is the ability to manipulate technology
- Technopathic telepathy is the ability to hear thoughts when communicating technologically
- Imitative technopathy can be used to mimic electricity and electronic data