Enhanced mental advancement, also called hypercognition, is the ability to advance rapidly in all types of mental skills and tasks. It includes a higher mental maturity during infancy and early childhood, an improved memory, slight omnilinguism and an increased capacity to learn and understand complex topics.
- Raiden Akemi Nakamura has this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability in World 2.
- Noah Gray has absorbed the ability.
- Abbie Gray has copied the ability.
- Grace Bradley also has this ability.
- Daniel Vaughan-Reist-Greene has mimicked this ability from Grace.
This ability increases a character's memory capacity and intelligence, and enables him or her to learn languages and complex topics extremely quickly. In a child or infant, it will also cause clearer and quicker thoughts, and greater mental maturity. It is responsible for Raiden learning to speak and walk at an extremely young age. These improvements are not as high as those produced by omnilinguism, eidetic memory or enhanced intelligence, since the ability is a combination of the three.
- Omnilingualism is the ability to understand all forms of communication
- Communication also includes omnilinguism
- Eidetic memory is the ability to memorise everything they see or hear
- Panmnesia is the ability to be unable to forget
- Enhanced intelligence is the ability to be vastly more intelligent
- Memory recall is the ability to perfectly recall any memory at will