Enhanced senses is the ability to have more advanced and accurate senses than ordinary humans.
- Tyler Cunningham has this ability naturally.
- Elle Bishop has manifested this ability in World 2.
- Rhia Petrelli has this ability naturally.
- Abbie Gray has mimicked this ability from Tyler.
- Noah Gray has also mimicked the ability from Tyler.
- Robert Max has mimicked this ability from Rhia.
- Sylar has copied this ability from Rhia in World 8.
- Jessica Sky Petrelli has absorbed this ability from her mother.
- Peter Petrelli has absorbed this ability in World 2 and World 8.
- A villain in World 2 has been shown to possess this ability.
- Ishi Akiyama will possess this ability naturally.
- Eliora Benedict also has this ability naturally.
This ability improves the five senses in all characters who have it. It includes more detailed sight and a greater ability to see in poor lighting, hearing noises at lower frequencies and at a wider range of pitch, tasting and smelling at lower concentrations, and sensing more detail through touch. However, each individual sense is not as improved as in cases where only that sense is improved, e.g. enhanced hearing would give better hearing. It is a passive ability, and cannot be repressed or controlled. It gives the individual much more precise and advanced senses, but therefore also makes him or her more susceptible to being incapacitated by loud noises and bright lights.
- Enhanced hearing is the ability to hear at greater frequencies and ranges
- Enhanced olfaction is the ability to have a greater sense of smell
- Enhanced vision is the ability to have better sight
- Sense manipulation can be used to enhance the senses
- Visual danger precognition improves vision when danger is near
- Precognitive viewing can be used to see from another's eyes
- Bug mimicry can grant enhanced senses
- Sensory enhancement is the ability to cause senses to enhance
- Synaesthesia is the ability to access all senses through the other sensory organs
- Hyperperception is the ability to consciously enhance one of one's senses
- Autosynesthokinesis is the ability to manipulate one's own senses
- Adaptive physical enhancement is the ability to be enhanced in all physical aspects only when in danger
- Peak physical properties includes enhanced senses