Fear manipulation is the ability to sense and manipulate the fears of others.
- Moira O'Brien possesses this ability naturally.
- Liz Jones has mimicked the ability from Moira.
- Katy Redham has this ability naturally.
- Deborah Petrelli-Parkman will have this ability naturally.
Moira reflexively senses the fears of others whenever she is near people, but currently she isn't always sure of what she is sensing, due to her young age. She has unknowingly used the ability to cause Rooreru Kiryuu-Connell's death by turning the fears of others into reality, and had to be negated to make it possible to revive Rooreru. In future, she will also learn to alter the fears of others, and to strengthen and weaken them.
Liz mimicked the ability from Moira, and is therefore capable of the same uses as she is. However, Liz is less likely to lose control of the ability, or use it unknowingly without realising the consequences.
Katy is yet to be shown using this ability, and it is not known what she can do with it. She may be able to sense the fears of others. She is likely to be able to manipulate them: possibly altering, strengthening or weakening fears. She may be able to create illusions of fears, or turn them into reality.
Deborah will be able to detect the fears of others whenever she chooses to do so, making the information appear in her mind. She will also be able to change a fear, remove a fear and increase a fear until the person is terrified or it becomes an irrational phobia. She will also be able to cause realistic illusions of fears. However, she will not learn to bring fears into reality until she is an adult, and even then, doing so will exhaust her.
- Fear implantation is the ability to implant a fear into a person
- Desire manipulation is the ability to manipulate the desires of others
- Emotion manipulation is the ability to manipulate the emotions of others
- Telepathy can be used to trap someone in a nightmare
- Information production and distortion have been used together to find people's fears and make them become true
- Heroism can allow the user to become fearless
- Emotion stabilisation can repress an individual's fear
- Apathy can prevent a person from experiencing fear
- Aniothability can also prevent a person from feeling fear
- Divine reward can be used to trap someone in their fear
- Horror trapping is the ability to trap a person in their worst memories