Genetic mimicry is the ability to analyse the genetics of others, and mimic certain qualities from this by altering one's own.
- Taylor Petrelli has this ability naturally.
- Barney Gray will also have this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked the ability from Taylor in World 5.
Taylor only needs the genetic contents of one cell to analyse and mimic. However, the mimicry is difficult and painful, and he cannot do it often. To date, he has used this ability to mimic the abilities of DNA manipulation and peak physical properties. He could in future use this first ability to help his mimicry, but is yet to do so because he hasn't needed to mimic another ability since. He ought to also be able to mimic other genetic traits in addition to abilities, but is yet to do this.
He simply requires a touch to retrieve the genetic content he requires to mimic someone else's genetics, and while it is difficult, he will master the skill as he practices. Barney is also able to mimic other genetic traits, but it is unknown what abilities or traits he will mimic.
- Mimicry can be used to mimic genetic traits of a person
- DNA mimicry is the ability to copy a person's appearance and abilities from their DNA
- DNA manipulation is the ability to manipulate genetic material
- Human manipulation and biokinesis can also manipulate on a genetic level
- Aura mimicry can mimic abilities from auras
- Empathic mimicry is the reflexive ability to mimic all nearby abilities
- Conscious mimicry is the ability to mimic abilities via a conscious choice to do so