Half-animal mimicry is the ability to transform half of one's body into that of any animal.
- Kayleigh Calwin has this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has copied this ability in World 2.
- Noah Gray has copied this ability also.
- Abbie Gray has also mimicked this ability from Kayleigh.
- Ariel James has manifested this ability
- Tekla Benedict also possesses this ability naturally.
Kayleigh has only been shown using this ability to transform the lower half of her body into an animal. Although she has not used the ability much, she has shown that she can transform the lower half of her body into a fish-like tail and thus appear to be a mermaid. Kayleigh has also been shown transforming the lower half of her body into a horse, appearing to be a centaur. It is unknown if she could learn to transform the upper half of her body, but this is unlikely.
Peter has the same limits as Kayleigh, but has never used the ability.
Noah too has the same limits as Kayleigh but is yet to use it.
Abbie has the same limits as Kayleigh, since she mimicked the ability from her. However, she too hasn't yet used the ability.
Ariel is able to transform half of her body into that of an animal. She can only change the lower or bottom half of her body, and can only change her body if she has seen the animal she wants to transform into. She has been shown transforming her legs into a fish tail, much like a mermaid. She does so often, due to her love of swimming.
Tekla can transform parts of her body into animal features. However, she must transform roughly half of herself - she cannot mimic animals entirely or only transform a small piece of herself. She must have also encountered an example of the animal she chooses to copy. The ability has the effect of enabling her to mimic various mythical creatures. For example, transforming her legs into a fish tail could make her resemble a mermaid, while transforming her arms into bird wings could make her appear like an angel. When she was a child she loved this second use because of its link to the Nephilim's ancestral heritage.
- Mimicry can be used to mimic half of an animal
- Animal mimicry is the full extent of this ability, where the entire body transforms
- Trait mimicry is the ability to mimic the traits of mythical beings without mimicking their physical form
- Mythological mimicry is the ability to transform into a variety of mythical creatures and characters
- Formshifting is the ability to take form of any biological and non-biological thing
- Transmogrification is the ability to mimic any inanimate object