Induced radioactivity is the ability to emit radiation.
- Theodore "Ted" Sprague had this ability naturally.
- Austin Houston had this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has this ability, mimicked from Ted in World 3, World 8 and World 11, and from Austin in World 2.
- Abbie Gray has also mimicked this ability.
- Noah Gray has also mimicked the ability.
- Robert Max has also absorbed the ability.
- Sylar has taken this ability in World 3 and in World 8.
- Amid Halebi also had this ability, in the unaired pilot.
- An unnamed man has displayed this ability in World 3.
- Daniel Vaughan-Reist-Greene has absorbed the ability from that man.
- Alex Petrelli will have this ability naturally.
- Katie Greene will gain this ability empathically from Alex.
When first manifesting this ability, one will emit low levels of radiation at all times, which will eventually grow. The radiation is usually showed as a glowing light. Most individuals will not be affected by their own radiation, but every other living thing would sicken and die. The only exception to this rule has been Amid, who suffered radiation burns to his arms from the ability. The unnamed man in World 3 was also killed when he lost control of the ability and exploded, though he'd previously been able to emit smaller amounts of radioactivity without any harm. Emotional triggers, physical injury or overloading on absorbed abilities can all cause loss of control, producing fires and radiation burns, and even nuclear explosions. Prolonged exposure to the low levels can make objects radioactive themselves, and give a person radiation poisoning. The ability can eventually be controlled, and the accidental emission of radiation ceased. Beneficial uses of the ability include using the radiation to produce heat, to jump-start an engine, to sterilise and to produce electromagnetic pulses which deactivate electronic equipment.
- Radiokinesis is the ability to manipulate radiation
- Radiation absorption is the ability to absorb radioactivity
- Energy absorption can be used to absorb radioactive energy if it is used offensively against the user
- Energy manipulation can absorb radioactive energy
- Electromagnetic pulse emission is the ability to produce electromagnetic energy
- Induced explosion is the ability to create explosions
- Detonation is the ability to make people explode
- Self-detonation is the ability to make oneself explode
- Nova induction can produce a nova of radioactive energy