Invisibility is the ability to become impossible for natural eyesight to see.
- Claude Rains has this ability naturally.
- Becky Taylor also has this ability naturally.
- Frazer also possesses this ability naturally.
- Luke Accera-Gray also has this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability in World 2, World 3, World 8 and World 11.
- Arthur Petrelli took this ability from Peter in World 2 and World 5.
- Noah Gray has mimicked this ability.
- Abbie Gray has also mimicked it like her twin.
- Robert Max has also absorbed this ability.
- Aidan Walken has duplicated this ability.
- Teri Bishop will also have this ability naturally.
- Christopher Reist had this ability until he lost it.
- Daniel Vaughan-Reist-Greene has mimicked this ability from his father.
- Maria Sanchez also possesses this ability naturally.
- Tom also possesses this ability.
- Carita Lindstrom gained the ability from Tom's blood.
- Boyd McKinney will have this ability naturally in World 3.
- Katie Greene will take the ability from Boyd.
When the ability is activated, the individual vanishes from human sight. However he or she can still be sensed by other means. These include the use of other senses like being walked into or heard; the use of certain abilities such precognitive ones, telepathic ones and clairvoyance; exposure using solid objects or cryokinesis and detection by infra-red or thermal sensing technology. The ability takes a little concentration, but will be activated automatically when it is initially mimicked. Its use doesn't seem to drain the individual, since Claude managed to remain invisible and in hiding successfully for many years. Manifestation can be triggered by the desire to remain hidden or unseen, for example with Becky Taylor who first turned invisible when hiding from Noah Bennet after her father's death.
- Illusion can be used to prevent others from seeing oneself, by manipulating light and air
- Photokinesis and light, shadow and darkness manipulation can make someone invisible by manipulating light
- Chromokinesis can induce invisibility by removing all the colours
- Camouflage and disillusion can both be used to blend into one's surroundings
- Aerokinesis and elementokinesis can make someone invisible by manipulating air
- Sensory shield and sense manipulation can both prevent perception by blocking the senses
- Induced unnoticability prevents detection by preventing information about the user from reaching the conscious parts of nearby minds
- Stealth can make someone unseen and unnoticed
- Cloaking can be used to hide different things
- Nerve manipulation can be used to become unseen by others
- Imperceptibility can prevent others from perceiving the user, at will
- Visibility manipulation is the ability to manipulate what is visible to others
- Selective invisibility is the ability to make oneself invisible to some people but visible to others