Limited physical adaptation is an ability which reflexively adapts the body to prevent any harm which would otherwise kill or severely injure.
- Hayley Efa Petrelli has this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked it from his daughter in World 2.
- Noah Gray has absorbed it from his cousin.
- Abbie Gray has also absorbed from her cousin.
The ability will only activate when there is a serious threat, and will do nothing to prevent minor injuries. It will also do nothing for illnesses or infections. There is no way to pass the ability on to others, unlike regeneration. To date, it has been used to survive falls and crashes, fire and to be able to breathe underwater.
- Impenetrable skin is the ability to have skin that cannot be destroyed
- Body adaptation is the full extent of this ability, which also adapts to less threatening situations
- Lung adaptation can allow one's lungs to adapt to any enviroment
- Reactive adaptation is the ability to allow one to adapt and react reflexively to any given situation
- Sensory adaptation is the ability for the senses to adapt to any different situation
- Aquatic adaptation is the ability to adapt to being underwater
- Nocturnal adaptation is the ability to adapt to nighttime
- Biomorphic adaptation is the ability to adapt by changing appearance and shape and gaining additional physical features