Magnetism is the ability to manipulate magnetic fields and to use these to manipulate magnetic metals such as iron and steel.
- "The German" had this ability naturally.
- An unnamed terrorist in World 5 also has this ability naturally.
- Bo Lofontaine, a carnival member, also possesses this ability naturally.
- Valentine "Val" has also got this ability.
- Robert Max has mimicked this ability from "The German".
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability in World 5 and World 8.
- Greg Baxendale has this ability naturally.
"The German" is able to control magnetic fields as well as magnetic metals. He can manipulate these metals into bending or levitating across a room, and he can also redirect bullets at will. He was shown using his ability to break into a bank vault, close the shutters in that bank, and control the frame of a vehicle.
The terrorist was shown using the ability to attack and destroy a Pinehearst convoy of lorries. In future, he will also be shown using it to pull a gun away from Claire Bennet.
Bo is able to manipulate some metals and instruments into making beautiful sounds. He uses his ability a lot to create the best music possible. Also he can cause objects to magetically float around rooms.
Robert has the same limits as "The German".
Peter also has the same limits as "The German" in World 8. In World 5 he has the same limits as the terrorist.
Greg has good control over this ability, although he can only control metals using a magnetic field, meaning he can only manipulate magnetic metals. He is also able to control the magnetic field itself. He can make the magnetic metals move in ways they would not normally, although the bigger and heavier the object, the harder it is for him for him to move it.
- Electrokinesis is the ability to manipulate electrical arcs
- Levitation is the ability to make yourself or others levitate
- Telekinesis, movement manipulation and kinetic energy manipulation can all be used to move objects with the mind
- Metallokinesis is the ability to manipulate all metals
- Metal mimicry is the ability to turn one's body into metal