Motive manipulation is the ability to sense and control what motives a person.
- Jordan Terrell will manifest this ability naturally.
- Jacob Fletcher has this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has gained this ability using both empathic mimicry and intuitive aptitude.
- Abbie Gray has absorbed the ability.
- Noah Gray has also absorbed the ability.
Using this ability, these characters can identify why someone is doing something, along with controlling this, meaning that they can force people to do what they want, along with being able to force people to stop doing what they are already doing or intending to do. It does not require physical touch to sense someone's motive, and can weakly control motive without contact, but its strength increases with contact. This ability is at first subconscious, meaning a person sometimes doesn't notice that he or she has it, for quite a while. This was true in Jacob's case, and will be true for Jordan.