Permanent precognition, also called preflex, is the passive ability to receive constant precognitions of a few minutes in the future, so that one is effectively mentally living in the future.
- Clarisse Basset will possess this ability naturally.
- William Doyle will also have this ability naturally.
Clarisse will be able to predict everything which happens to her from the moment she manifests, when she is only a few days old. To her, these events will seem to occur minutes before they truly do. It will enable her to react rapidly and will make her extremely difficult to take by surprise. It will prove useful and effective when she fights, letting her dodge every attack. She will also find that the ability often makes her reply to people before they have even spoken.
This ability will mean that William will continually see events occurring before they truly do, and that he is effectively living seconds into the future. When he manifests it, he will actually see the moment twice. It will enable him to react more quickly than would otherwise be possible, giving him the advantage of foreknowledge. However, there would also be a risk of reacting too quickly and betraying himself.
- Reflexive precognition is a similar ability which gives precognitions of certain events moments before they occur
- Accelerated probability is the ability to see possible outcomes and work out which one will happen
- Enhanced reflexes is the ability to respond to things much faster than humanly possible
- Causality perception is the ability see cause and effect