Persuasion, also called suggestion, is the ability to force someone to do what one asks them to do via verbal commands.
- Eden McCain had this ability naturally.
- Kelli Wheaton also has this ability naturally in World 8.
- Eve Kings has this ability naturally.
- Kelly possesses this ability also.
- Victoria Maxted had this ability naturally.
- An unnamed person in World 5 has also possessed this ability, either naturally or gained through the formula.
- Abbie Gray has absorbed this ability.
- Noah Gray has also absorbed this ability.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability in World 2, World 3, World 5, World 8 and World 11.
- Daniel Vaughan-Reist-Greene has mimicked the ability from Eve.
- Robert Max has also absorbed the ability.
- An unnamed vampire has displayed this ability in World 4.
- Simon Goldston-Smith will have this ability naturally.
- Elizabeth Hester has this ability naturally too.
For this ability to work, the commands must be spoken out and heard. The ability uses speech and can therefore be prevented by gagging or muting the individual, or by preventing others from hearing it. It is likely that it would have no effect on a deaf person. It is also likely that the victim must be able to understand the command, and therefore it could be foiled if they did not speak the language. The ability did also seem weaker when there was a glass wall between the persuador and her intended victim. Sometimes the depth and pitch of the voice changes when using this ability, deepening and growing in authority. It is almost impossible to resist persuasion, except if there are contradicting earlier commands produced using the same ability or a similar one, and it has been shown in World 4 that it cannot override an Alpha's previous commands. It is unknown whether a future command could overcome the effects of persuasion.
- Telepathy and psychokinesis can be used to mentally force people into what you want them to do
- Command can also be used into commanding people what to do
- Enchanted voice can also be used to persuade others
- Belief induction is the ability to make people believe in what you say
- Influence manipulation is the ability to manipulate what will or will not influence people
- Hypnosis can be used to get a person to do whatever the user wants