Phasing is the ability to pass through solid objects.
- D.L. Hawkins had this ability naturally.
- Ellen Laws had this ability naturally.
- Gabriella Bennet has copied this ability from Ellen.
- Abbie Gray has mimicked the ability from her sister.
- Noah Gray has also mimicked the ability from his sister.
- Mark Hawkins has this ability naturally.
- Daniel Vaughan-Reist-Greene has mimicked this ability from Mark.
- Peter Petrelli has mimicked this ability from Gabriella in World 2, and from DL in World 3, World 8 and World 11.
- Arthur Petrelli took this ability from Peter in World 5, and in World 2.
- Gabriel Silvestor had this ability naturally.
- Robert Max has also mimicked the ability.
- Samir Mellouk has this ability naturally too.
- A character known as "skinny guy" also has this ability.
- Felipe Acerra had this ability naturally.
- Maria Sanchez also has this ability naturally.
- Theron Malus also possesses this ability.
- Tobias Falcon also has this ability naturally.
- Jared Stanfords also has this ability naturally.
- Ali Khan possesses this ability naturally.
- Micah Sanders possesses this ability naturally in World 8, inherited from his father.
This ability lets a person pass through solid matter. It is mainly consciously controlled, but it is also possible to access it accidentally, especially at first. The ability is often manifested or discovered while feeling trapped. It has been seen that the ability can be used to pass through floors and walls up to great depth, and can also be used to phase through fire. The ability can also be used to pass other people through solid objects whilst touching them. It is also possible to use the ability defensively, phasing punches and projectiles through oneself, although a little reaction time is neccessary to do this. The ability can also be used offensively, e.g. by phasing into a person's skull, then solidifying one's hand and killing the victim. DL was shown using the ability to phase into a person partially, which knocked the woman out without leaving any other damage, although the exact mechanisms of this use is unclear.
- Diamond intangibility and hydrophilic intangibility can both be used to pass through solid objects
- Density manipulation can be used to phase through objects
- Density shifting can also be used to phase through objects
- Transportation is the ability to use collisions with solid objects to create portals
- Shifting can be used to phase
- Negative transformation can be used to phase by removing one's physical form
- Spectrification can also be used to become intangible
- Leptokinesis can be used to pass through solid matter