Puppetry is the ability to manipulate motor functions of people and machines, therefore controlling their movements.
- Eric Doyle has this ability naturally.
- "The Drainer" also has this ability naturally.
- Peter Petrelli has absorbed this ability from "The Drainer" in World 2 and from Doyle in World 8.
- Robert Max has also absorbed this ability from Doyle.
- Jason Brand also possesses this ability naturally.
- Liz Jones has mimicked this ability from Jason.
- Abbie Gray has mimicked the ability.
- Noah Gray has mimicked the ability.
- Fiona Treharne will have this ability naturally.
- Joshua Evans has gained this ability in World 8.
- Mara Masahashi will possess this ability naturally.
- Alisha Petrelli will also have this ability naturally.
The ability can be used to finely control the movements of people, paralysing them and forcing them to do one's will. It can also prevent someone from using an ability or force someone to do so, if there is movement usually associated with their ability. Most characters prefer to use gestures to control these people, but this isn't completely necessary. Several people can be controlled at once, and no line of vision is necessary to maintain control. It is also possible to manipulate the motor functions of machines and movable objects, but this tends to be used more rarely.
- Movement manipulation can be used to control body movement
- Telekinesis can also be used to move people's body parts
- Electric impulse manipulation may be used to control motor functions of people
- Body manipulation is the ability to manipulate the bodies of people
- Technopathy can be used to manipulate machines
- Electronic projection can manipulate machines when in use
- Activation/deactivation can turn a machine on and off
- Animation/inanimation can enable an object to move and then control it
- Arthrokinesis can manipulate movements by manipulating joints