Reality perception is the ability to perceive reality and truth.
- Ben Southcott had this ability naturally.
- Lee Athens also has this ability naturally.
- Ryan McKenzie also possessed this ability.
- Gabriella Petrelli will have this ability naturally too.
Ben was shown repeatedly sensing when others lied, and would usually also sense the truth that person was trying to conceal. He also once reflexively saw through a telepathically induced hallucination, and wasn't even aware that the telepath had attempted it. In addition, he could often trigger himself to produce answers when he asked questions aloud.
Lee senses whenever a person lies, and also automatically sees through any illusion or hallucination. Sometimes, she will also automatically know any significant fact, or will know the answer to a question once it is voiced. However, this aspect seems less dependable than the other aspects.
Ryan was only shown using the ability to sense when Summer and Autumn Capet tried to lie to him. However, he would also have been able to see through illusions and hallucinations.
Gabriella will be capable of automatically sensing lies, hallucinations and illusions, experiencing a tingling sensation and disorientation whenever someone tries to deceive her. If she focuses, she will also see the reality behind the illusion or sense the truth a person is trying to conceal. She will also occasionally be capable of detecting the answers to questions.
- Reality perception and distortion allows one to perceive reality and manipulate it
- Lie detection is the ability to sense a lie
- Advanced lie detection is the ability to detect all deception while being unable to lie oneself
- Truth activation is the ability to force others to speak the truth
- Information production is the ability to produce true answers to simple questions
- Truth manipulation can be used to detect truth
- Deception is the ability to deceive all lie-detecting abilities
- Stealth can also be used to lie effectively against lie detection
- Illusion manipulation can be used to see through illusions
- Unmasking is the ability to unmask truth to oneself and others