Underwater breathing is the ability to breathe underwater.
- Alex Woolsly has this ability naturally.
- Annabelle Cooper possessed this ability naturally.
Alex had always been skilled at swimming, being a member of the swim team when he was at school, and he swam often. One day, he simply released that he was no longer having to return to the surface to breathe. He compares the ability to being "like a fish" even though no visible gills appear on him, and he doesn't seem to feel any developing either. He can also transfer the air he generates orally to another person.
Annabelle was capable of breathing underwater in both freshwater and the sea. She did not develop gills but her lungs generated a continuous supply of fresh renewed air. The ability did not improve her capacity to stay underwater in any other manner. She did have to learn to swim after manifesting.
- Hydrokinesis and elementokinesis enable an individual to manipulate water, so they cannot drown
- Elementas also enables someone to breathe underwater
- Rapid cellular regeneration and resistance would heal the damage of drowning
- Self-sustenance prevents someone from drowning since they don't need air
- Liquid mimicry and water mimicry can prevent drowning by mimicking the water
- Liquid manipulation can force the water out of one's lungs
- Lung adaptation, limited physical adaptation and body adaptation all adapt the lungs to make drowning impossible
- Pneumakinesis is the ability to manipulate the lungs
- Enhanced breath is the ability to control one's strength of inhalation and exhalation